Leave your hotel in the afternoon for a tour of the famous Haller Park (formerly Bamburi Nature Trail) - a gorgeous sanctuary that was reclaimed from barren limestone quarries into a thriving ecosystem bursting with life and consists of forest, grasslands and ponds.
There are beautiful walking trails where you can wander and see various animals such as giraffes, hippos, reptiles and bird species. Haller Park was the first recipient of the United Nations Environmental Program Global 500 Roll of Honour award for the unique, ecologically sound and successful rehabilitation undertaken.
Haller Park Tour Highlights
- Your visit will coincide with hippo and crocodile feeding.
- You will have a chance to hand feed giraffes from raised platform.
- An opportunity to check out some of the most venomous snakes in the region including cobras, black/green mambas, puff adders and the African Rock Python
- Different kind of birds
- Enjoy a leisure walk in a cool, serene, fresh ambience free from the noise and dust pollution of the city.
- Fitness enthusiasts can enjoy the jogging or cycling trails
At 6 pm you will be driven back to your hotel to enjoy the rest of the evening.